Once I had the general look of the Ciceron Yak down, I spent a little time refining it, especially the head. Again, I pretty much liked all of the designs to some degree, so it all just came down to which one I liked best. Interestingly, in these sketches and in some of the earlier pages of the actual story art, the yak always looked a bit weird to me. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but they were just off somehow. And then I realized it…necks! I had been drawing them without necks! Once I figured that out, they started to look much better to me, but in the early pages, you can still see them looking weird.